Step 3: Prepare for Enrollment
Once you have been notified that your teen’s application has been accepted, you are ready to begin preparing for enrollment at Shepherd’s Hill Academy.
We realize this is a challenging and emotional time for your family. We are here to guide you through the entire enrollment process. In order to enroll, there is important information we must have on file for legal and licensing purposes. Prior to arriving at Shepherd’s Hill Academy the following items are required:
- Physical Examination: This examination must have been performed within the last 30 days by a medical doctor.
- Dental Examination: This must have been performed within the last six months.
- Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC): Those living outside of Georgia will need to provide us with the proper ICPC documentation. Your Shepherd’s Hill Academy Admissions Representative will guide you through the process. Admission’s Office: (706) 779-5766
The following items are optional resources:
- Transport Service: Some families may want to consider a transport service.
- Financial Options: Speak to your Admissions Representative about our financial options.
The following items are needed upon enrollment. For your convenience, you can print the Enrollment Checklist.
- Copy of immunization records
- Proof of physical exam given by a medical doctor (exam must be within 30 days prior to enrollment)
- Proof of last dental exam
- Copy front and back of child’s insurance card
- Copy front and back of child’s prescription card (we will also need to know the name of the primary card holder and their social security number)
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of social security card
- Custody papers (if applicable)
- Approved correspondence list (family only please)
- Medications and any unfilled prescriptions needing to be filled.
- Money for essentials account ($300 cash, or check written to “Shepherd’s Hill Academy”)
- Phone card and stamps
- Provisions for the duration of their stay. Please review the Needs List below. We ask that you compile the items on the list and bring them to enrollment.
What to Bring — Needs List?
Please download and view the list of personal belongings your son or daughter will need to bring to enrollment.
PLEASE NOTE: We highly advise that you pack your child’s items. Please only pack what is on the list.