We know finding help for your troubled teen can be overwhelming at times and that you may have many questions. We have gathered here the most frequently asked questions—and provide clear answers. The more informed you can be, the more you can help your child.
If you have questions that are not addressed here, please call us at (706) 703-4188. We are happy to answer any questions you have and you are never under any obligation.
What type of behavioral and mental health issues does Shepherd’s Hill Academy address?
In general, we serve teens struggling with:
- Digital, Internet, Video Game, Cell Phone Addictions
- ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder)
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- DTD (Developmental Trauma Disorder)
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Self Harm and Cutting
- Depression and Anxiety
- High-Functioning ASD (formerly called Asperger’s)
- Anger, Rebellion, and Running Away
- Narcissism and Entitlement Issues
- Loss of Educational Status or Motivation (school expulsion or dropping grades)
- Bipolar and Borderline Personality Disorders
- Adoption/Attachment Issues
- Victims of Abuse or Trauma
We know every child is different. Many other combined behavioral, conduct, and emotional disorders can cause problems for your teen. Please feel free to call to discuss your specific issues. You can also learn more about who we treat here.