Raising teenagers today has never been tougher. Parents have a myriad of tough challenges they face in light of today’s culture.
Click to Listen
Our guest today helps us tackle the tough parenting obstacles by providing practical tools for solving some of the culture’s toughest challenges.
Our guest today is Dr. Jim Burns. Dr. Burns is the author of the book Teenology and the President and CEO of HomeWord. Today, he provides practical insights in tackling the tough challenges parents face when raising teens.
Conversation Notes on Tackling Tough Challenges
I really don’t know who has it tougher today, the kids or the parents. Digital technology has brought the seedy side of town to the confines of virtually everyone’s home. Jim helps us unpack the tough challenges teens face.
- The role HomeWord has on our culture and families
- Understanding where the term “teenager” originated from
- Tackling the topic of Sex Education
- Learn to build a trustful relationship with your teen
- How to take the responsibility to create a media safe home
- The role of education in the lives of our teens
- Why teens do not trust adults
Picture provided by: m-louis .®
Conversation Starter: Using the practical steps Jim outlined; how will you tackle the tough challenges facing your teen?