Parenting takes courage and sacrifice. But what if our child is diagnosed with a debilitating or life threatening condition?
Click to Listen
How do parents raise and provide for a child with special needs? What can we do to assist friends and family members with a child with special needs? Our guest, Steve Bundy, addresses this very issue.
Our guest, Steve Bundy, is the vice-president of the Joni and Friends Christian Institute on Disability and International Outreach. He also co-authored the book Another Kind of Courage: God’s Design for Fathers of Families Affected by Disability, with Doug Mazza.
How to Raise Kids with Special Needs
As the father of a child with muscular dystrophy and autism, Steve has a very personal take on this subject. He provides an enlightening and encouraging conversation. We discuss:
- What is the purpose for Another Kind of Courage
- The struggle of faith many fathers may have when faced with this challenge
- The comfort God brings during the challenges that could arise with our special needs children
- How to properly process emotions that may arise
- How to respond to faulty scripture advice given to families with special needs
- What to do if someone says your child will be healed in “Jesus’ name”
- What are the challenges dads face
Picture provided by: Christiana Care
Conversation Starter: Share with us your stories of raising kids with special needs.