Not all of us, as Christian parents, will have the luxury of homeschooling our children. And with the high costs involved in good private schools, many parents see public school as their only option for their children.
Click to Listen
So how can you prepare your kid for public school? Our guest, Eric Buehrer, will help us navigate this topic.
Eric is formally a public school teacher and now a licensed minister and the Founder and President of Gateways to Better Education. Eric is a nationally recognized authority on the issue of religion and public schools. He’s worked closely with Chuck Colson, Focus on the Family, and the Alliance Defending Freedom.
How to Prepare Your Kid for Public School
Education goes far deeper than mere academics. Presidents like Washington and Jefferson may not have had a lot of formal education. However, no one can argue that they, and others like them, were men of forthright principle. We discuss with Eric how you can prepare your kid for public school by discussing the different aspects to education. We share:
- What Gateways to Better Education does
- What the law says about Christianity in public schools
- The truth about the ten commandments and Christian holidays
- How you can appropriately address your child’s teachers
- Can we redeem the public education system
- How to strengthen your teen in their faith
Picture provided by Cliff
Conversation Starter: What are some challenges you face with the public school your child attends?