Ever feel like the media is lying to your teen? The truth is; there are at least 6 lies the media tells your teen.
In her book, Guardians of Purity, Julie Hiramine lists the 6 top lies the media influences our kids to believe.
- I’m worthless unless someone is attracted to me.
- I have to be in a relationship to be accepted by peers.
- Everyone else is doing it.
- I’m defined by what others think of me.
- I’m not complete unless I’m in a romantic relationship.
- Casual romantic relationships won’t hurt me.
Without a biblical worldview, our kids will believe these insidious and harmful lies. If we continue to allow our kids to feed on the junk food of media without serving up the spiritual nutrition of God’s Word, we’re just creating more feeble specimens of Christianity.
Conversation Starter: How can you protect your son or daughter from the lies the media tells your teen?