Boundary development is key to the success of any family.
In my work with families in crisis, I speak regularly on the importance of boundary development. This post is a special collection of the various articles I’ve written on how to develop boundaries. My hope is that it will be a useful resource for you to refer to when developing boundaries within your home.
Understanding the Need for Boundaries
The posts below explain the need for boundaries in a teen’s life:
- Understanding Why Teens Want Boundaries – Did you know that your teen wants boundaries? Many parents may be unaware of this. This post will help you familiarize yourself with how your teen not only needs boundaries, but wants them.
- 2 Results of Boundaries Not Being Present – What happens in a home if boundaries are not present? Answer: A decline of parental authority in the home. This post will provide you insight into the challenges parents will face if they do not have boundaries for their children.
- Why Traditional Discipline is Needed in Your Home [Video] – In today’s culture traditional discipline is viewed as old fashion. This One Minute Parenting video will give you a brief understanding of why traditional discipline is not only relevant to the times, but is needed in all homes.
Basic Boundary Development
The post listed below contains basic steps for developing boundaries:
- 7 Pillars of an Authentic Relationship – Developing a proper relationship with your child is crucial. We discuss the 7 steps you can take to develop an authentic relationship.
- Develop Better Boundaries for Your Teen in 3 Steps – Of all the resources in this post, this article should be one of the more practical tools. In this post you will learn the three steps to developing a boundary in your home.
- 10 Tips for Technology Use in Your Home – Developing boundaries for your family’s interaction with media is vital. This post gives you 10 simple steps for getting your house prepared for media.
- How Manners Can Prevent Teenage Rebellion [Video] – Many parents may underestimate the power of requiring basic manners in the home. This One Minute Parenting video sheds some light on how, without manners, your teen could become rebellious.
- 2 Ways to Effectively Parent Your Teen – Helping your child develop a biblical worldview is imperative when establishing boundaries. This post will help you begin to establish a biblical worldview in your home.
Advanced Boundary Development Steps
Many families may have a difficult child at home which could leave the family in a crisis situation. The posts below will help you with some specific steps with unique situations such as Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) or Self Injurious Behavior (SIB).
- 1 Step to Help Your Child with Reactive Attachment Disorder – If you have a child with Reactive Attachment Disorder tendencies, this post can get you started with specific boundaries.
- 1 Answer to the Self Injurious Behavior Phenomenon – Many parents have teens struggling with Self Injurious Behavior. This post will provide you with some direction on what to do if your teen exhibits signs or symptoms of this behavior.
Conversation Starter: I hope this post is helpful. Let me know if you like it and we will do more practical posts that compile our resources.