Are public schools safe for my teen?
Click to Listen
A challenging question to answer in today’s ever-changing culture. Today’s guests Rick and Jordan Whitmer help us find some understanding in the role that public schools can play.
On today’s podcast we re-air our interview with Rick and Jordan Whitmer. Rick is the Senior Director of Mobilization at Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, Inc. Rick also plays along side his son Jordan in ther father-son musical duo Trumpiano.
Though most would agree that the average public school is not a place to be developing a child’s Christian faith, most Christian families still send their kids there anyway.
This is largely because most Christian parents don’t feel they have a viable option.
Rick sheds light on why he intentionally choses to send his children to public schools.
Should Your Teen Attend Public School?
Rick highlights some specifics to consider, including:
- How to determine if your kid should attend public school
- How to determine if your school’s environment is negatively influencing your child
- How the parents role is to disciple their kids
Is Your Son a Rock or is He Play-Doh
Rick presents us with an analogy about the difference in being like Rock or Play-Doh people.
Parents need to be intentional about raising up Rocks, not Play-Doh. Trace and Rick discuss:
- How you can navigate the pressures of the culture
- Understanding the damages of passive parenting
- Parents who are intentionally spiritual are the focus
- Steps you can take to prepare your kid for public schools
You can stay connected with today’s guest by connecting via Twitter @RickWhitmer.
Conversation Starter: What challenges will your teen face in a public school?