From the beginning of time, kids have been asking their parents difficult questions.
Click to Listen
As the parent you must be prepared to answer difficult questions. Today’s guest, Elyse Fitzpatrick, will help prepare you for answering difficult questions from your kids.
Elyse is the author of Answering Your Kids’ Toughest Questions: Helping Them Understand Loss, Sin, Tragedies, and Other Hard Topics. She gives us an engaging conversation on how to address the tough questions your teen will ask.
Be Prepared to Answer Difficult Questions
When I think of our teen’s toughest questions, I would think that answering questions about the birds and the bees would rank right up there. However, our world has changed. In today’s culture, that’s probably way down on the list.
- Examples of questions kids are faced with
- Seven and eight-year-old children are exposed to pornography
- Tough questions need to be answered in an age appropriate way
- Learn to paint an appropriate, positive picture of sexuality
- Is it OK to give the answer: “I don’t know”
- Common questions teens are asking
Picture provided by: malik ml williams
Conversation Starter: Share with us some of the tough questions your kids have asked.