It is difficult to know what to do when you have a teenager who is out of control. You may be experiencing a sense of hopelessness, and began searching for boarding schools for troubled teens. If you recognize the indications of a troubled teenager in your child; and can relate them to what is happening in your home, it may be time to consider getting further help for your family.
At Shepherd’s Hill Academy, our troubled teens boarding school near Atlanta will provide solutions for your entire family to help deal with the struggles involved in living with a troubled teen. Besides being a fully accredited boarding school for troubled teens, we are a licensed therapeutic wilderness program. Shepherd’s Hill Academy boarding school near Atlanta provides your teen with the help and mentoring he or she needs, as well as defined boundaries, a continued education, and the therapeutic benefits of our New Creations wilderness program.
Does Your Atlanta Teen Demonstrate these Troubled Teen Behaviors?
- Has become an argumentative and defiant. Troubled teens refuse to listen to parents or other authority figures, and it causes stress or even danger in your home.
- Noticeable behavioral changes. Getting poor grades, in trouble at school, or with the law. Lying, stealing, or cheating. Experimenting in sexual promiscuity, drugs or alcohol. Sleeping too much, or too little. Breaking curfew. Lack of interest or motivation to do the things they once loved to do.
- Practicing self mutilation, excessive risk taking, or threats of suicide. Showing lack of morals or no conscience.
- Refuses to seek counseling, or counseling is not improving their behaviors.
- Displays abomination for other family members, and refuses to participate in family affairs.
- Hanging around with the wrong crowd or other troubled teens, and is easily influenced by peer pressure.
- Has threatened to turn parents into the authorities for disciplining him/her, and you are at the end of your rope.
- Lack of empathy or remorse for inappropriate behaviors. Doesn’t care about consequences for his/her actions.
- Portrays a sense of self entitlement. Has no sensitivity or respect for other’s feelings or belongings.
- Doesn’t respect the rules of your home. Troubled teens become violent, physical or verbally abusive to others when reprimanded, or for no reason.
If you experience 4 or more of these issues with your son or daughter, it may be time to consider a troubled teens boarding schools like Shepherd’s Hill Academy. We’re 85 miles northeast of Atlanta. We’ve been restoring families for well over a decade, and we want to help you regain authority, peace, and harmony in your home again too. Give us a confidential phone call today at (706) 779-5766. Or, contact us through our inquiry form to learn more about Shepherd’s Hill Academy.