At Shepherd’s Hill Academy Christian boarding school for troubled teens we offer completely separate programs and class rooms for both boys and girls. Besides being a fully accredited school for troubled teens, we are a therapeutic wilderness program. Shepherd’s Hill Academy school for troubled teens provides your teen with the help and mentoring he or she needs, as well as defined boundaries, a continued education, and the therapeutic benefits of our New Creations wilderness program.
It is difficult to know what to do when your teen is out of control. You may be experiencing a sense of hopelessness, and began searching for schools for troubled teens. If you recognize the indications of a troubled teenager in your child; and can relate them to what is happening in your home, it may be time to consider getting further help for your family.
Troubled Teen Indicators
- Practicing self mutilation, excessive risk taking, or threats of suicide. Showing lack of morals or no conscience.
- Refuses to seek counseling, or counseling is not improving their behaviors.
- Displays abomination for other family members, and refuses to participate in family affairs.
- Hanging around with the wrong crowd, and easily influenced by peer pressure.
- Has threatened to turn parents into the authorities for disciplining him/her, and you are at the end of your rope.
- Lack of empathy or remorse for inappropriate behaviors. Doesn’t care about consequences for his/her actions.
- Portrays a sense of self entitlement. Has no sensitivity or respect for other’s feelings or belongings.
- Doesn’t respect the rules of your home. Becomes violent, physical or verbally abusive to others when reprimanded, or for no reason.
It isn’t easy being a parent today with a teen that’s struggling with behavioral issues. If you experience 4 or more of these indicators with your son or daughter, it may be time to consider a school for troubled teens. You can contact us at Shepherd’s Hill Academy Christian boarding schools for troubled teens. We’ve been restoring families for well over a decade, and we want to help you regain authority, peace, and harmony in your home again too. Shepherd’s Hill Academy schools troubled teens from all across the United States.