Our Successful Therapeutic Boarding School is Only 10 Miles from Toccoa, Georgia
If a therapeutic boarding school is something you are considering for your out of control teenager, Shepherds Hill Academy (SHA) is located just down the road in Martin, Georgia. In fact, Shepherds Hill Academy employs many of its team members from the Christian college, Toccoa Falls College in Toccoa Falls, Georgia.
As you begin your journey to healing, we want to come along side you to provide the tools you need to find appropriate therapeutic placement. First, we want to help you be clear and confident that your family is in a crisis situation fit for a therapeutic boarding school like Shepherds Hill Academy. To do this we have provided you with a simple Troubled Teen Assessment tool.
How do I Know if My Teen is in Need of a Therapeutic Boarding School?
If you live in or around Toccoa, Georgia we can meet your needs. However, we recommend that you gain clarity on your family’s need by taking our Free 5 minute teen assessment. If you prefer you could also speak to one of our Admissions Counselors by calling (706) 779-5766. They are qualified to help you identify your type of need.
If you are confident that your troubled teen needs therapeutic care, or don’t have the time to take the assessment, take a brief look at the following signs. A therapeutic boarding school in Toccoa, Georgia may be a fit for your family if your son or daughter:
- Exhibits behaviors that may be physically harmful to self or others
- Is rebellious and/or is blatantly disrespectful against you and other key authority figures in their life
- Has been kicked out of a public school
- Is showing signs of drug, or other addictive behaviors
- Spends an exorbitant amount of time isolating themselves from the family
- Is currently, or has a previous history with the Stephens County or Toccoa, Georgia police
After taking the assessment or reading the brief signs of a troubled teenager you should be able to identify if your family is currently, or will soon be approaching, a crisis situation that needs therapeutic intervention. If it is clear that you are in need of help, Shepherds Hill Academy may be a fit for you.
If you are still reading it is possible that your teen needs treatment such as a therapeutic boarding school. The next step in your journey to healing is to establish which type of therapeutic care best fits your situation. The most efficient way to determine your need is to fill out our inquiry form or by calling one of our Admissions Counselors at (706) 779-5766. Otherwise, below is a brief introduction to how Shepherds Hill Academy can effectively address the challenges you may be facing.
Shepherds Hill Academy Succeeds in Bringing Hope and Healing to Families in Toccoa, Georgia
Shepherds Hill Academy is known across America for its ability to efficiently bring hope and healing to families facing intense crisis. Once your child is enrolled with us, our team intentionally focuses on character development and heart change which will produce a lasting transformation. This is accomplished through our unique outdoor wilderness-style environment, our comprehensive approach to therapy and our academic opportunity.
A Unique Unplugged Wilderness-Style Experience
We intentionally create an unplugged wilderness-style environment that facilitates a safe and peaceful place for your child to be removed from the current distractions that may be present in his or her life. Our outdoor wilderness-style environments are only a short hike from the main campus. Once enrolled, your teen becomes a part of an active community that builds and maintains the living facilities in the outdoor wilderness campus. On a daily basis, the outdoor wilderness-style component of SHA naturally produces therapeutic opportunities for both boy and girl teenagers who are troubled by offering the following:
- Creates structure and order to an out of control teenager
- Continually unplugged from the American culture and its distractions
- Provides a peaceful environment to contemplate the deeper meanings of life
- Leverages nature to produce never-ending therapeutic activities
A Comprehensive Approach to Therapy
The outdoor wilderness-style setting is an effective environment that provides your child the chance to grow in character. However, our therapeutic offerings move beyond our environment. On our main campus, our therapeutic team facilitates individual and group activities intentionally designed to address the character of your child. Our comprehensive approach to therapy includes:
- Weekly one-on-one sessions to establish and pursue therapeutic goals
- Weekly group therapy that facilitates therapeutic activities to teach proper social interactions, coping skills and accountability
- Equine Relationship Therapy (ERT) which provides an opportunity for your teen to learn valuable lessons from equine focused activities
An Opportunity for Academic Success
While your child is enrolled at Shepherds Hill Academy, just outside of Toccoa, Georgia, he or she will have the ability to attend our fully accredited private academy. Our fully accredited academy positions your teen to overcome the toughest educational challenges they face. We are able to do this by:
- Maintaining an efficient small classroom environment with a 5:1 student to teacher ratio
- Accommodating classes that meet your teen’s educational need with Georgia certified teachers
- We offer Georgia Virtual School, certain Individualized Education Programs, and Advanced Placement opportunities
- With the exception of required online academics, we minimize the unnecessary use of technology to help facilitate creative and constructive classroom learning
Shepherds Hill Academy proudly serves Toccoa, Georgia. If you are in need of a therapeutic boarding school, for a troubled teen, contact our Admissions Counselors at (706) 779-5766 today. You could also quickly submit an inquiry form and our team will reach out to you during a time that is convenient for you. In the mean time, find out what parents who have journeyed through SHA have to say.