Are you considering a boarding school in Port Orange, Florida for your teen?
Is your teen troubled? If so, we can help. Shepherds Hill Academy (SHA) is located in northeast Georgia. We have been serving families with troubled teens from Florida since 2001. SHA was founded by Trace and Beth Embry and we serve families from all across America through our Christian therapeutic boarding school.
The SHA team has had the privilege of helping families from virtually every state in the healing process.
Though SHA does not have a therapeutic boarding school in Port Orange, Florida we can meet your family’s needs. In fact, for families seeking placement for their troubled son or daughter between the ages of 12 and 17, we urge you to consider out-of-state placement.
5 Reasons Out-of-State Placement is Best for Your Troubled Teen
Shepherds Hill Academy is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and only two hours from Atlanta in rural Martin, Georgia. Though you may be searching for therapeutic programs and year-round boarding schools in the Port Orange, Florida area, we recommend placing your son or daughter away from your local area for the many benefits of time and distance apart.
Through our experience in serving families from all across America, we have established five primary reasons why out-of-state placement may be a better option for your family. As you research placement in a boarding school that is a fit for your son or daughter, consider the following five reasons for selecting a school out of your state of Florida.
- Your son or daughter will be removed from the elements of home that could prevent healing.
- Being further away from home minimizes your child’s ability to attempt to run away.
- A new location outside of the familiarity of home can introduce new dynamics and culture that will contribute to the healing of your teen.
- The distance from home removes the ability for potential involvement from unwanted family members.
- The old adage “absence makes the heart grow fonder,” rings true to many parents and teens enrolled in SHA.
We hope that you will consider Shepherds Hill Academy. As you continue your research, please use our free assessment tool to help you identify your family’s therapeutic need.
Is Your Teen a Fit for a Long-Term Therapeutic Boarding School
Though not located in Port Orange, Florida, SHA has helped many hurting families with a troubled teen from Florida. After all, we are just in the neighboring state of Georgia. Our team has had the privilege of working intimately alongside hundreds of families on their journey through therapeutic care.
Therapeutic care, such as a boarding school, is a life changing adventure. Before you begin your journey, ensure that your family is making the right choice in selecting the proper care. If you are unclear that a boarding school is something your teen is in need of, our Troubled Teen Assessment should be able to help narrow down your need. You can access our assessment by:
- Contacting one of our Admissions counselors directly: (706) 779-5766.
- Access our free online assessment.
I Know My Teen Needs a Therapeutic Boarding School
Perhaps you are confident that your son or daughter needs residential therapeutic care. If so, the following signs should resonate with you:
- Your son or daughter has been in trouble with the Port Orange, Florida authorities.
- Your teen shows clear signs of addiction and/or substance abuse.
- You have noticed a sudden and dramatic negative change in your teen’s peer selection.
- Your son or daughter struggles with self-harm or suicidal ideation.
- Your teen has an unhealthy dependency on digital technology.
If any of these brief warning signs describe your teen, we encourage you to contact our Admissions counselors.
Shepherds Hill Academy Helps Teens and Families in Crisis
As you continue your research for a long-term therapeutic boarding school, we hope that you will consider SHA. Our team is able to meet your need through our comprehensive therapeutic approach which includes:
- 5:1 student to staff ratio.
- A unique unplugged wilderness style setting near our main campus.
- A small classroom environment which meets each student’s academic needs.
- Efficient therapeutic activities on a daily and weekly basis.
- Unashamedly Christ-centered.
Thank you for considering SHA. As you further your research, see what parents and professionals are saying about Shepherds Hill Academy.