Troubled Teen Warning Signs
Here is a quick assessment to determine if your teen would be right for our therapeutic program...
Our Comprehensive Approach
Shepherd’s Hill Academy offers your teenager and your entire family a comprehensive approach to healing.
Our Therapy and Mentoring
Your teenager will experience a new direction and purpose in life, sparked by a variety of Christ-centered, therapeutic approaches and mentoring by our staff.
- A fresh start through our Wilderness Environment
- Specialized counseling using Equine Therapy
- Fully accredited Jr./Sr. High Academy on campus
- Licensed Therapy Team focused on heart change
- Next Step Program prepares for life’s transitions
Our Awesome Team
As a nationally-recognized, state licensed residential school, Shepherd’s Hill Academy goes to great lengths to create a safe, loving, and authoritative environment for our students.
- The On-campus, state certified Education Team
- Our Boys Residential Team will equip your son for life
- Our Girls Residential Team will prepare your daughter for life
- A Therapeutic Team dedicated to your family’s healing
- A Leadership Team committed to excellence
Steps to Enrollment
We are here to assist your family in this difficult time. When you contact us, you will speak to the Co-Founder, not a staff member.
- STEP 1: Submit an Online Inquiry Form and we will contact you at your convenience
- STEP 2: After we have connected and determined that SHA may be a good option for your teen, you will be directed to the Application
- STEP 3: Gather other information needed for enrollment.
Shepherd’s Hill Academy is a Christ-Centered Therapeutic Boarding School, Trusted by Educational Consultants for its High Quality Academics and Safe and Effective Wholistic Therapeutic Approach for Troubled Teens.
Our Wholistic Program
Our therapeutic boarding school provides teens with an opportunity to be challenged in maturity. The unique benefit of our wholistic program is that we provide an opportunity for troubled teens to be separated from the temptations present to them in today's culture. During this separation they are able to mature in character development. If you are looking for your child to be in perpetual comfort, our program may not be for you. However, if you are looking for perhaps your child’s greatest opportunity for healing and a diminished sense of entitlement, all while creating a sense of significance, identity, humility, and gratitude, then SHA would be a fit for your teen. Science, statistics, and history all give evidence for the effectiveness of our style of care toward producing heart change. And with a Christ-centered approach, the results improve exponentially.
Our Therapeutic Approach
We serve adolescents age 12-17. Our residential boarding school provides a dynamic approach to therapeutic healing in the individual and the family.
Everything our staff does is designed for therapeutic value and teachable moments -– whether it is in school, sports, leisure, or in their living area. Our teachers, campus therapists, program supervisors, and residential staff are all unified in the therapeutic goals for each student, and regularly meet to discuss progress. Our 24/7 care provides teenagers with the opportunity to grow spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically, through individual, group, and family therapeutic activities and counseling.
The therapeutic environment is intentionally designed to provide a rich, discipleship-focused atmosphere that promotes physical, emotional, and spiritual health and healing to troubled teenagers and their families.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter!