Troubled Teen Warning Signs
Here is a quick assessment to determine if your teen would be right for our therapeutic program...
Our Comprehensive Approach
Shepherd’s Hill Academy offers your teenager and your entire family a comprehensive approach to healing.
Our Therapy and Mentoring
Your teenager will experience a new direction and purpose in life, sparked by a variety of Christ-centered, therapeutic approaches and mentoring by our staff.
- A fresh start through our Wilderness Environment
- Specialized counseling using Equine Therapy
- Fully accredited Jr./Sr. High Academy on campus
- Licensed Therapy Team focused on heart change
- Next Step Program prepares for life’s transitions
Our Awesome Team
As a nationally-recognized, state licensed residential school, Shepherd’s Hill Academy goes to great lengths to create a safe, loving, and authoritative environment for our students.
- The On-campus, state certified Education Team
- Our Boys Residential Team will equip your son for life
- Our Girls Residential Team will prepare your daughter for life
- A Therapeutic Team dedicated to your family’s healing
- A Leadership Team committed to excellence
Steps to Enrollment
We are here to assist your family in this difficult time. When you contact us, you will speak to the Co-Founder, not a staff member.
- STEP 1: Submit an Online Inquiry Form and we will contact you at your convenience
- STEP 2: After we have connected and determined that SHA may be a good option for your teen, you will be directed to the Application
- STEP 3: Gather other information needed for enrollment.
Troubled Teenager? Our Unique Therapeutic Program and Boarding School Quickly Turns Around Troubled Teens.
A Therapeutic Boarding School
SHA is a therapeutic boarding school designed to help turn around troubled teens. The unique benefit of our therapeutic program is that we provide an opportunity for troubled teens to get back to nature and to the more basic things in life. Through this and ongoing counseling, boys and girls in our care mature in character development without distractions. SHA provides a great opportunity for the most difficult teenagers to heal, all while creating a sense of significance, identity, humility, and gratitude. We provide a unique mix of program types, including: equine therapy, wilderness therapy, and counseling, while also repairing damaged grades and preparing them for college or career. Our Christian boarding school has years of experience and evidence of producing lasting change in troubled teens. And with a Christian approach, the results improve exponentially because change begins in the heart.
Please contact us via the online form or call us at (706)779-5766 to learn more about SHA.
Our Therapeutic Approach
We serve adolescents age 12-17. Our residential boarding school for troubled teens provides a dynamic approach to therapeutic healing.
Everything that our staff does is designed for therapeutic value and teachable moments -– whether it is in school, sports, leisure, or in their living area. Our teachers, campus therapists, program supervisors, and residential staff are all unified in the therapeutic goals for each student, and regularly meet to discuss each resident's progress. Our 24/7 care provides teenagers with the opportunity to grow spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically, through individual, group, and family therapeutic activities and counseling.
The therapeutic environment is intentionally designed to provide a rich, discipleship-focused atmosphere that promotes physical, emotional, and spiritual health and healing to troubled teenagers and their families.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter!