Do I Have a Troubled Teen?
At Shepherd’s Hill Academy, we want to help you determine whether therapeutic, residential care is right for your family
Shepherd’s Hill Academy offers your family a comprehensive approach to healing.
How Will SHA Help My Teen?
Your child will experience hope and healing at Shepherd’s Hill Academy through a variety of Christ-centered, therapeutic programs.
- A fresh start through our Wilderness Environment
- Specialized counseling using Equine Therapy
- Fully accredited Jr./Sr. High Academy on campus
- Licensed Therapy Team focused on heart change
- Next Step Program prepares for life’s transitions
Who Will Care for My Teen?
As a nationally-recognized, state licensed residential school, Shepherd’s Hill Academy goes to great lengths to create a safe, loving, and authoritative environment for our students.
- The On-campus, state certified Education Team
- Our Boys Residential Team will equip your son for life
- Our Girls Residential Team will prepare your daughter for life
- A Therapeutic Team dedicated to your family’s healing
- A Leadership Team committed to excellence
How Do I Enroll My Teen?
From inquiry to enrollment to graduation, Shepherd’s Hill Academy is there to assist your family throughout the entire process.
- Step 1: Submit an Inquiry Form and we will contact you
- Step 2: Begin the Application Process
- Step 3: Gather Items Needed for Enrollment
- See our Financial Options
Shepherd’s Hill Academy is a Christ-Centered Therapeutic Boarding School
located in Northeast Georgia for Teens in Crisis
The Benefits of Wilderness
Our Wilderness Program provides your teen with an opportunity to be challenged in maturity. The unique benefit of our Wilderness Program is that your child will be removed from the temptations present to them in today's culture. During this separation they are able to mature in character development. If you are looking for your child to be in perpetual comfort, a wilderness-style program may not be for you. However, if you are looking for perhaps your child’s greatest opportunity for healing and a diminished sense of entitlement, all while creating for himself a sense of significance, identity, humility, and gratitude, then SHA may be a fit for your teen. Science, statistics, and history, all give evidence for the effectiveness of wilderness-style care toward heart change. And with a Christ-centered approach, the results improve exponentially.
Our Therapeutic Approach
SHA serves 12-17 year old students, and our program is for a year. Our residential boarding school provides a dynamic approach to therapeutic healing in the individual, the family, and to our culture.
Everything we do in our therapeutic boarding school is designed for therapeutic value and teachable moments–whether it is in school, sports, work, or in the wilderness area. Our teachers, campus therapists, program supervisors, and residential staff are all unified in your teen’s therapeutic goals and regularly meet to discuss progress. Our 24/7 care provides your teenager with the opportunity to grow spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically, through individual, group, and family therapeutic activities and counseling.