We provide an exceptional boarding school for families from Statesboro, Georgia.
Shepherds Hill Academy (SHA) has been serving families since 2001. Located just three hours north of Statesboro, Georgia our boarding school can provide your family with hope, healing, and true relational restoration with your troubled teen. At SHA, our Christ-centered comprehensive approach to therapeutic care has transformed hundreds of families across America, and around the world.
If you have found us, it is likely that your family is in a crisis with a struggling teenager. Many parents at this stage can be uncertain about proper placement for their son or daughter. We encourage you to start your journey toward healing by first determining your child’s need. To determine if your family should consider a therapeutic boarding school such as Shepherds Hill Academy, take a couple of minutes to complete the test below.
Does My Child Really Need a Boarding School?
Because of our experience, we have been able to help families through some of the most difficult circumstances. As a result we are confident that we can help you determine if your teen is a fit for our therapeutic boarding school. To be certain we may be a fit, take our Troubled Teen Assessment.
This assessment should provide you with the confirmation you are looking for in determining if your child needs therapeutic care. If you prefer, you can contact one of our admissions counselors directly by calling (706) 779-5766 and they will walk you through the Troubled Teen Assessment.
If you are confident that your troubled son or daughter needs a boarding school, briefly read through this quick list of warning signs for brief confirmation. You may be in need of therapeutic care such as our boarding school if your teen is:
- Displaying intense obsession with video games and technology in general.
- Showing signs of self-injurious behaviors and/or suicidal ideation.
- Has been kicked out of school.
- Currently involved, or has a history, with the Statesboro, Georgia police.
I Know I Have a Troubled Teen, How Can Shepherds Hill Academy Help?
If you are confident that your teen is in need of therapeutic care such as a boarding school, Shepherds Hill Academy can help. Check out our comprehensive list of how we provide efficient care for your teen and entire family.
Shepherds Hill Academy attributes its success in helping families through its intentional therapeutic environment. Once enrolled, virtually every aspect of your child’s life at SHA will consist of Christ-centered therapeutic activities. We accomplish this by:
- Providing a safe, unplugged, digital-free, therapeutic living environment.
- Weekly equine relationship therapeutic activities.
- Weekly individual and group therapy.
- Weekly accountability that provides a time of group debriefing.
- Structured, therapeutic, authoritative environment that provides opportunities for daily teachable moments.
- Creating an uncompromisingly Christ-centered experience while not forcing teens to be Christian.
- Providing small classrooms that are flexible in addressing virtually any academic need.
- Our licensed, outdoor, therapeutic, wilderness-style program.
Why Should My Child Attend a Boarding School Outside of Statesboro, Georgia?
Many families may want to find a boarding school close to home. While this may help some families; in general, we recommend placement outside of your child’s home town or city. If you are searching for a school in Statesboro, Georgia we recommend looking outside the city limits. From California, to New York, we have served families from all across America at our Martin, Georgia campus. Shepherds Hill Academy’s Martin, Georgia location, is northeast of Atlanta and approximately three hours from Statesboro.
This three hour distance will actually benefit your family. We encourage you to consider the benefits of seeking placement outside of Statesboro, Georgia for the following reasons:
- Three hours is a great enough distance to deter your teen from running away.
- The distance will save you on travel expenses in comparison to out-of-state placement.
- You will be more familiar with the surrounding areas to better enjoy your monthly family visits.
- The distance prevents peers from contacting or attempt to influence your teen.
Shepherds Hill Academy has a proven strategy to help families from all across America, including Statesboro, Georgia. As you continue with your journey through this challenging season, we encourage you to explore further the difference SHA can make and reach out to our admissions counselors (706) 779-5766. In the mean time, you can see what other parents have said about their journey in the healing process.