We Serve Families with Troubled Teens from Hampton, Virginia and Across the U.S.
Though our boarding school is not in Hampton, Virginia, we have served many, many families from Virginia. Shepherds Hill Academy is located in Northeast Georgia and has successfully served families in crisis from all across America since 2001.
If you are looking for a therapeutic boarding school for your out of control teenager, please read the three crucial reasons you should consider placement outside of your home state. First take a moment to establish if your child is in need of a therapeutic boarding school.
Take the Test! Is My Teen in Need of a Therapeutic Boarding School?
Before deciding if placement outside of Hampton, Virginia is necessary, you should be clear in knowing if your child is in need of a disciplinary school with residential therapeutic care. Below we provided you with a tool to help you determine if your child would benefit from a therapeutic boarding school. If you are unsure if your child needs placement, take a few minutes to assess your situation using our troubled teen assessment tool or look at the list below for an abbreviated list of signs. You may need to send your child to a boarding school if he or she:
- Remains consistent in rebellious behavior
- Has been expelled from school
- Has been in trouble with the Hampton, Virginia, or other authorities
- Blatantly exhibits dangerous behaviors that could cause harm to self or others
- Displays addictive behaviors with, drugs, alcohol, video games, etc.
3 Crucial Reasons You Should Consider Placement Outside of Hampton, Virginia
If you have resolved that placement in a program like a therapeutic boarding school is needed to help your troubled teen, we highly recommend placement outside of Hampton, Virginia. Ideally, a disciplinary, therapeutic boarding school completely outside of your home state can serve your family best.
From our experience in serving families all across the United States for over 20 years, there are three crucial reasons to consider out of state placement:
- Your teen’s negative peer relations are a contributing factor in his/her digression of behavior. Many parents overlook the influence their child’s friends have . Placing your teen in or near your hometown would increase the risk of your teen’s peers attempt to make contact or possibly coordinate a plan to help your teen run away.
- Local placement presents the parent with the unnecessary struggle to pull their child from therapeutic care prematurely.
- By placing your out of control teen near your hometown, you increase the possibility of your teen being familiar with their location and of the boarding school. The more familiar with the surroundings, the more tempting it is for your son or daughter to run away or refuse treatment.
How Shepherds Hill Academy Can Be a Fit for Your family
By now you have identified if your troubled teen needs treatment and why a therapeutic boarding school outside of Hampton, Virginia may be your family’s best solution. If both of these are true for your situation, Shepherds Hill Academy, located in Martin, Georgia can provide a practical solution.
Shepherds Hill Academy is known across America for its ability to efficiently bring hope and healing to families facing the most challenging circumstances. We accomplish this by:
- Intentionally creating an unplugged wilderness-style experience where your teen will be removed from the constant digital distractions.
- Though unplugged, our fully accredited and fully functional main campus provides teens with a second chance in academics. Students who once had a bleak academic future are able to attend college. In fact, 80% of our high school graduates enter 2-4 years colleges after attending SHA.
- We provide a holistic approach to therapeutic care. Our authoritative community sets your teen up for success by effectively leveraging therapeutic activities designed to develop character and address the heart and soul issues.
- We are unashamedly Christ-centered. This simply means that the core and strengths of our values and actions are focused on biblical principles. We tactfully incorporate biblical principles without forcing Christianity on any family we serve.
Though Shepherds Hill Academy is not located in Hampton, Virginia we have been serving families from all across America in our hometown of Martin, Georgia. We are northeast of Atlanta, Georgia, approximately 90 miles. We hope that our troubled teen assessment tool gave you the guidance you needed to determine residential placement for your teen. If you think Shepherds Hill Academy is a fit for your child, contact one of our Admissions Team members at (706) 779-5766 today, or see what parents on similar journeys have said about SHA.
Thank you for considering Shepherds Hill Academy as you look for a boarding school or therapeutic, outdoor residential program for troubled teens in or near Hampton, Virginia.