We help families searching for boarding schools in Beaufort, South Carolina
Our primary campus is not located in Beaufort, South Carolina. However, Shepherds Hill Academy (SHA) has helped families from all across America and throughout the state of South Carolina. Founded by Trace and Beth Embry in 2001, we have had the privilege of working alongside hundreds of families. Shepherds Hill Academy is located approximately four hours from Beaufort, South Carolina in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Martin, Georgia. We are ninety miles northeast of Atlanta, Georgia. If you are seeking a long-term therapeutic boarding school in Beaufort, South Carolina, we ask that you take the time to consider our services for the following reasons.
3 Reasons to Consider Placement in Georgia
If you are searching for boarding schools in Beaufort, South Carolina, we believe Shepherds Hill Academy can provide you with the therapeutic care your son or daughter needs. Since 2001, we have worked with families throughout the state of South Carolina. In general, parents from South Carolina may want to consider these three reasons for deciding to place their child with SHA.
- The closer your teen is to home, the more familiar he or she is with the surrounding area. This leads to a greater chance of them running away.
- The distance between Beaufort and our campus will minimize your travel expenses during visits.
- Seeking placement in or around Beaufort may provide ways for negative peers to remain in contact with your child.
- A new location outside of the familiarity of home can introduce new dynamics that will contribute to the healing of your teen.
Placement outside of the child’s home state is generally recommended. Whether you choose placement with Shepherds Hill Academy or a boarding school in Beaufort, South Carolina, we hope that you will make use of the provided resources below. For more information about SHA and placement in Georgia, we invite you to contact our team directly at: (706) 779-5766
2 Resources to Help You Determine Proper Placement
Whether in Beaufort, South Carolina or elsewhere, determining appropriate therapeutic placement is daunting for many families. We seek to help you along your journey through treatment; and that begins now. Whether you choose SHA or not, we encourage you to take this free assessment that will help you determine if a long-term therapeutic boarding school is a fit for your teen.
Some families are confident that their teen needs placement. If SHA is not a fit, we can offer you connections to programs throughout America by our affiliation with the Best Christian Boarding Schools network. If you would like access to this network, read the brief qualifying behaviors and then contact our team. If any of the troubled teen warning signs are familiar to your situation, contact our team and they can place you in contact with other schools.
- Your son or daughter exhibits signs of self-harm or suicidal ideation.
- Has there been a dramatic and sudden change in your teen’s moods and behaviors?
- Have you noticed your teen’s peer influence becoming more negative?
- Your teen has been in trouble with the Beaufort, South Carolina or other authorities.
- Are there signs or symptoms of digital addictions or an unhealthy dependency on digital devices?
How Shepherds Hill Academy Will Help Your Family
As mentioned, Shepherds Hill Academy has served families from all across America and from twelve other countries since 2001. We have seen families find hope and healing through our Christian therapeutic boarding school. Here are some of the many reasons that parents find success with Shepherds Hill Academy.
- Though we are a therapeutic boarding school, we maintain 24/7 5:1 student to staff ratio.
- Our outdoor wilderness-style living component provides a unique unplugged adventure setting.
- Our fully accredited small classroom environment is truly conducive for teens to grow in their academic studies.
- Our therapeutic activities meet the teen’s needs as well as positions the family for success.
Shepherds Hill Academy is located in Martin, Georgia. In your search for programs in Beaufort, South Carolina, we hope you find Shepherds Hill Academy a fit for your family.
Thank you for considering us. As you further your research, see what parents are saying about Shepherds Hill Academy.