Ever wonder if your teen may be using drugs?
Sure, there can be obvious reasons to suspect drug use with your teen, but don’t overlook the subtle clues.
Drug abuse is as rampant today as in anytime in history. So, parents would be wise to be aware of the symptoms in order to head off what could be a dangerous addiction. Here are some of the more subtle symptoms we should be aware of:
- A sharp change in friends.
- Increased isolation.
- A diminished involvement in previous interests.
- A significant drop in school grades.
- Odd behavior around the house.
- A new and unusual craving for junk food.
- Bloodshot eyes or bottles of eyedrops in Junior’s possession.
- Staying out late; and, a random change in sleeping patterns.
This certainly isn’t an exhaustive list; but, we’d be wise to have our antenna up and open to the fact that our kids aren’t immune to worldly temptations.
Conversation Starter: Share with us your experience in scoping out drug use with today’s youth culture.