Vince Lombardi led the Green Bay Packers to three straight NFL championships. Unfortunately, after a while the success declined and the Packers fell into a slump.
Click to Listen
But, what Lombardi did next can be used as worldview lessons for Christian parents.
Vince’s idea was that his players had forsaken the fundamentals of football.
In order to emphasis his point, one day in the locker room, he held a football in front of his players and stated: “Gentlemen this is a football.”
Likewise, it is the fundamentals that parents in today’s culture need to return to; in particular understanding a biblical worldview.
Today’s guest will help us understand some of the fundamentals of parenting, and the importance of understanding a biblical worldview. Alex McFarland is a speaker and the author of The 21 Toughest Questions Your Kids Will Have About Christianity.
Also, listeners should note that this podcast is re-aired. The dates for The Truth for a New Generation conference mentioned has changed. For the latest TNG conference dates, click here.
Understanding How a Worldview is the Key to America’s Success
Our homes are basically the foundation of our government. America and its government boils down to the fundamental worldview of its families.
Many parents may not know what their worldview is.
Our guest, Alex McFarland, provides an engaging discussion to help us understand the fundamentals; which include:
- Understanding the importance of identifying your worldview
- How the preservation of democracy depends on the biblical worldview
The Fundamental Role of a Christian Worldview
In order for the biblical worldview to flourish, mom and dad need to work together. Trace Embry and Rich Roszel discuss further:
- How you can make a biblical worldview appealing to your teen
- The correlation between the restoration of the country and the building of a biblical worldview from within the home
- Understanding your fundamental role as a father or mother
- What is wrong with not impressing the biblical worldview upon your children
How to Unpack Postmodernism
Postmodernism is an important term that you must familiarize yourself. Alex helps us understand:
- Postmodernism is lead by emotions and moral absolutes are challenged
- How postmodernism has affected the American church
- The role education plays in postmodernism
Understand Worldview and Postmodernism Further
You can find more information about a biblical worldview and postmodernism through my various articles:
- Why is a Biblical Worldview Important
- How to Determine if You are Living According to a Biblical Worldview
- The Logical Outcome of Postmodernism
Conversation Starter: What are you doing to intentionally raise your family according to a biblical worldview?