Today’s podcast addresses a difficult topic. Many families in today’s culture have been faced with the tragedy of sexual abuse. How can families move forward amidst this heart breaking time?
Click to Listen
Our guest, Julie Woodley, helps us see how God can turn tragedy into triumph.
Julie Woodley is the founder and director of Restoring the Heart Ministries, Inc. Julie is a speaker, author, and counselor. Julie is also the division chair of the American Association of Christian Counseling for Abortion, Sexual Trauma and Mental Health. She is the Ministry Outreach Representative of Timberline Knolls.
Sexual Abuse Happens Even in Christian Homes
Today’s podcast addresses a difficult topic that families are facing. In today’s sexually charged culture, I cannot help but believe that stories like Julie’s are more common than we think; even in Christian homes.
- Julie’s testimony and how she found a passion to help families.
- What is the abuser’s mentality.
- The role forgiveness plays in the tragedy of sexual abuse.
- What is the difference of restoration and reconciliation.
- What role should a spouse play if they marry someone that has been sexually abused?
- How can church leaders recognize signs of abuse?
Conversation Starter: Have you been in a position to minister to someone to turn tragedy into triumph?