It may be no secret that the culture has lowered the bar of expectations for today’s teens.
Click to Listen
How can you raise the bar of expectations for your teen? We interview some special guests that provide today’s parents with secrets on how to raise the bar.
We recently had the privilege of interviewing two individuals who I will refer to as Holly and Melissa. At the time of the recording Holly and Melissa were enrolled with us as students of Shepherds Hill Academy.
In this episode, we get the opportunity to unlock some secrets to properly raising the bar of expectations for teenagers.
Unlocking the Secrets to Raising the Bar
This is an engaging conversation and is actually a two-part series. To access the second episode click here.
We discuss some interesting topics with our teenage guests in this segment. You will be surprised to find just how honest these teens are. We unlock the secrets to many challenging topics such as:
- The truth about how influential music is
- Why chores are an important aspect to making your teen feel a sense of accomplishment
- Idle time may be causing more of a problem for your teen than you realize
- What your teen is wanting from church
- The extent of social media’s impact on your teen
- How absence may actually make the heart grow fonder
- How teens see the culture
- What you think you know of your teen, but really don’t
Picture provided by: Hayley Bouchard
Conversation Starter: This is just a portion of what I’ve heard straight from these teens’ mouth. What are some lessons you have learned from this episode?