In today’s fast pace culture, many parents wrestle with being stressed out.
Click to Listen
However, many parents fail to realize the effects stress has on teens and how they are suffering from the pressures of stress.
Today we interview Dr. Jean Lawrence, owner of Lawrence Health and Wellness.
Stress is Affecting Your Teen
It is easy to get caught up in the rat-race. The hustle and bustle to get ahead of your work load can be addictive. This creates a perpetual state of stress that hinders our physical and mental health. How can you set a model for your teen by appropriately handling stress? In our discussion, Dr. Jean Lawrence provides some solutions for stressed out parents with stressed out kids.
- How to identify signs that stress is affecting your teen
- Denial: one way to perpetuate stress
- Identifying the most vulnerable age group
- Coping mechanisms your teen could be employing if stressed
- What is adrenal fatigue and how does it relate to my teen
- Why coffee, energy drinks and soda may be harmful to your teen
- How the amount of screen time only compounds the stress problem
- What does it mean to get relaxed, and how to teach your teen to relax
Conversation Starter: How can you facilitate activities that will cultivate less stress within your home?
Picture provided by: Bernard Goldbach