Is social media dangerous? Social media sure seems to have made it difficult for 21st Century parents to navigate the playing field.
Click to Listen
But consider the challenges your teen faces with that same social media.
We interviewed Neil Haley, CEO of Total Tutor, about the dangers of social media. This is actually part-two of an episode we aired previously. To access part-one of this episode, click here.
Is Social Media Dangerous
Kids once hung out at the playground or the mall. Parents may think that social media is the new “playground.” However, there is a different aspect we need to consider. Back in the day when kids hung out at the park the kids did not have access to the “seedy side” of town. The question should be: is social media an adult playground?
- Easy exposure to illicit content
- Why teens without a social media account are shunned by peers
- Coby Persin’s video “The Dangers of Social Media (Child Predator Social Experiment)”
- Parents may naively think that social media is safe
- Why parents need to be aware of social media sites that are exclusively accessed via an app
- Top 15 social media sites and apps that you should be aware of
Conversation Starter: Tell us your experience of why you think social media is dangerous.
Picture provided by: magicatwork