Today’s Internet can be dangerous, beyond dangerous. Implementing effective strategies to protect ourselves and our kids from these dangers is a must.
Click to Listen
Today, we interview Craig Gross on how you can protect your family from the Internet.
Craig Gross is an author, speaker and pastor. He is the founder of XXXchurch.com, which was in response to those needing help with pornographic addictions. He also launched the website iparent.tv.
How Can we Prepare Kids for Today’s Sexual Culture
Today’s kids are faced with a sexual culture. How do we train our kids to navigate this culture.
- Prepare the confidence by answering the “why.”
- Discuss with your kids on how to properly use technology.
- Be the first to discuss with them the “sex” talk.
- Talk with your spouse first about what you are going to talk to your kid.
What are Some Steps to Take to Minimize Access to Technology
Technology presents a particular challenge to today’s parents. What are some steps that parents can take to minimize access to technology. Craig helps us understand:
- How to set boundaries with technology.
- Why kids should not have smartphones.
What Do You Do When Your Kid is Exposed to Porn
Today’s kids who bump into pornography are likely to see far more than most adults a generation ago ever witnessed in their entire lifetime. We discuss:
- Make sure you talk to your kid about sex. If you talk to him, he will talk to you.
- Parent naivety seems to be a larger problem.
- Kids are exposed to pornography in 3rd grade.
What are the Benefits of iparent.tv
Craig is launching a new resource iparent.tv. He explains to us the benefits of iparentt.tv:
- What Plugged In by Focus on the Family does for movies, iparent.tv does for technology.
- Stay on top of social media and technology.
Conversation Starter: What are some steps you can take to protect your family from the dangers of the Internet?
Picture provided by zeitfaenger.at.