Godly parents may be frustrated in their attempt to raise godly teens in today’s culture.
Click to Listen
Despite all your devotions, church programs, love, wisdom, counsel and even despite your prayers, it may still seem that your teen is destined to be a victim of our ever de-civilizing culture. So, what can you do? Our guest, Ryan Dobson, provides us with an encouraging conversation on how to persevere as a godly parent.
Ryan Dobson is an author, speaker, and son of Dr. James Dobson. He co-hosts, with his father, the radio program Family Talk. In today’s interview we discuss Ryan’s most recent book Wanting to Believe: Faith, Family, and Finding the Exceptional.
How to Help Your Strong Willed Child
What are the most difficult challenges godly parents face in today’s culture? Ryan uses his relationship with his father to help encourage parents to persevere in their faith. Topics include:
- What it is like being the son of Dr. James Dobson.
- What we can learn from the generations that came before us.
- Why your marriage will help your teen persevere.
- What if your prayers don’t seem to be working.
- Why simply being there is one of your best tools for ministering to your teen.
- The most common mistake godly parents make.
- How the Bible must be important.
Conversation Starter: Let us know how you persevere as a godly parent.