Many of us have received the gut-wrenching news that our child has been born with a life-altering disability. Other parents enjoy a sweet relationship with perfectly healthy children for years; when suddenly, tragedy strikes.
Click to Listen
These situations may seem hopeless to some parents. Today’s guest helps us learn how to work through tragedy. I’m thrilled to provide you with our interview with Joni Eareckson Tada.
First, it is an absolute honor to have the privilege of interviewing Joni Eareckson Tada. Joni is the founder of Joni and Friends International Disability Center. She is also an author of over 50 books.
How to Work Through Tragedy
None of us are immune to the possibility of a life-changing event in our lives. How we deal with those changes will not only be a touchtone of our character, but they’ll help determine whether a tragedy remains a tragedy or whether they’re perhaps turned into a triumph.
We have the privilege of discussing with Joni the following:
- Joni’s testimony with tragedy
- How prayer is a powerful player when working through tragedy
- How to work through possible depression and confusion that follows tragedy
- Why preaching during tragedy is not necessarily all that encourages
- Encouragement for teens troubled by the future
Picture provided by: Moyan Brenn
Conversation Starter: Has your family endured tragedy? If so, how did you work through the tragedy?