Is your family a culture-wise family? When it comes to shaping the worldview of our kids, the culture virtually is the other parent. In too many cases our culture is the primary influence in the lives of our kids and not their parents.
Click to Listen
I teach parents on a regular basis, whether they believe it or not, that we have to be a lot more intentional in terms of what we allow our kids to watch and listen to these days. Our guest today will help you take steps toward becoming a culture-wise family to improve your entertainment habits.
Dr. Ted Baehr is the Founder and Publisher of Movieguide and Chairman of the Christian Film and Television Commission. He is also the author of several books, including The Culture-Wise Family: Upholding Christian Values in a Mass Media World.
How to Improve Your Entertainment Habits
From the beginning of time—and without movies or the internet, culture has always had an incredible influence on an individual’s appetites, habits and addictions. Today we discuss with Dr. Ted Baehr how you can avoid the addictive nature of today’s entertainment. Topics include:
- How parents can best utilize www.Movieguide.org.
- Why movie ratings may actually be a political tool.
- Why today’s most popular movies are quoting scripture.
- Why theaters charge so much for popcorn.
- Why movies like Fifty Shades of Grey don’t measure up.
- How do you define a Christian Film.
Picture provided by Jim Ellwanger