Parents underestimate the importance of critical thinking.
Click to Listen
In fact, your teen may need to be exposed to more opportunities that promote critical thinking, and less Bible stories.
Rich Roszel and I interview Dr. Raymond Bohlin. He is the Vice President of Vision Outreach with Probe Ministries. Today’s interview sheds light on why teens seem to lack the ability to think critically.
The Importance of Critical Thinking
In today’s culture, many parents may be fearful of being intentional about addressing the importance of critical thinking. Often so, because the parent may not be able to think critically about the challenges they face. Our discussion includes:
- What is Probe Ministries?
- Why many parents and adults are not currently equipped to answer their kid’s questions.
- Teaching critical thinking may be more important than just teaching a Bible “story.”
- Is digital technology damaging our critical thinking skills?
- What the Christian faith in postmodern America looks like.
Conversation Starter: What are some activities you do with your own children to teach them the importance of critical thinking?
Picture provided by: critical thinking asylum