Knowing the past and learning from it can bring about a successful future.
Click to Listen
This concept seems lost in today’s culture. How can you teach your kids the importance of learning from our nation’s history? Our guest, David Barton will help us answer this question in today’s podcast.
Today’s guest helps us understand an important aspect of our culture that is often overlooked. David Barton, Rich Rozel and I discuss how parents can identify history revisionism. David is an author, a speaker and the Founder and President of WallBuilders.
How to Identify History Revisionism
Occurring today, there is so much revisionism of our nation’s history that well-meaning parents are having their traditional belief system compromised or completely changed. Parents are caving-in because they do not know their history. If parents continue to neglect their understanding of American history it will only get worse before it can get better.
- Introducing Dave’s book U-Turn: Restoring America to the Strength of its Roots.
- The truth of separation of church and state.
- Was America suppose to be a secular nation?
- Did our founding fathers omit the name of Christ?
- Understanding the tests your teen faces in order to succeed in school.
- Who is Alexis De Tocqueville and why is he important?
Conversation Starter: Have you noticed a difference in what you learned in school about U.S. history compared to what your children are learning? Have you learned how to identify history revisionism?
Picture provided by: stevekeiretsu