Raising kids is tough enough these days; but, things can get even tougher if you are a parent of a strong willed teen.
Click to Listen
Our interview with Cynthia Tobias provides us with tips to address the challenges you may face if you have a strong willed teen in your home.
I was privileged to interview Cynthia Tobias earlier this year. Cynthia is the author of nine best-selling books, including the book You Can’t Make Me: Strategies for Bringing Out the Best in Your Strong Willed Child.
How to Help Your Strong Willed Teen
Working with teens at Shepherds Hill Academy (SHA), we see our share of strong willed teens. My daughter, Allison; who is now the Director of Program Development at SHA, was my strong willed child. Together, Cynthia and I share our experiences to provide guidance to parents by discussing:
- How Cynthia developed the tools to succeed with strong willed children.
- What strong willed kids are not.
- It’s not what you tell your teen to do, it’s how you communicate it.
- Should I tell my child that he/she is strong willed?
- The role your child’s identity plays in being strong willed.
- Were there figures in the Bible that were strong willed?
- Why parents need work through the question “why” with their kids.
Conversation Starter: Can you relate to today’s discussion? Tell us about your strong willed teen, tween or toddler.
Picture Provided By: Scott Swigart.