How will your child keep his/her faith intact amongst today’s seemingly overwhelming postmodern culture?
Click to Listen
The answer is rather simple. To “survive” today’s postmodern culture, parents need to return to a more fundamental parenting approach. Our guest, John Stonestreet, shows how fundamental parenting is key to your teen’s success
We recently had the privilege of interviewing John Stonestreet. John is the radio host of “The Point” and Co-Host of “Breakpoint.” John serves as a conference speaker at the Chuck Colson Center for Christian Wolrdview.
Vince Lambardi became a legend in the NFL by taking his team back to the fundamentals. Our conversation today highlights why a biblical worldview and fundamental parenting will position your family for success, particularly your teen.
The Legacy of Chuck Colson and His Impact on Our Culture
Chuck Colson passed away in 2012. However, his legacy lives on. His team and ministry impacted the American culture and continues to be a vital resource for parents. John gives us insight into the ministry of Chuck Colson.
- What Chuck’s fundamental beliefs were and how it impacted the American culture
- How the Chuck Colson Center has moved forward and continues to thrive
- John’s testimony of standing on the shoulders of giants
The Importance of Being a Man
Today’s men are being labeled “Peter Pan Males.” Men earning this label tend to be passive, lack passion and their greatest ambition is the next level in a video game. In short, a larger portion of our culture’s men have a “pleasure-me-into-imbecility” mindset, and are those who typically abandon responsibility for pleasure. John discusses this crisis and how C.S. Lewis offers insight into the fundamentals of manhood.
- Seven Key Ideas are an excellent resource providing a brief overview of some of history’s strongest men
- What is it going to take to get today’s Peter Pan Males into what C.S. Lewis would call Men with Chests
- How the “Narnia” series may have an answer to the Peter Pan Male syndrome
The Fundamentals of a Worldview
Parents must be intentional about imparting a biblical worldview into the lives of their teens. Trace and John Stonestreet highlight this point by discussing:
- Deconstructionism has confused the way we communicate
- What does it mean to define godly words with the devil’s dictionary
- John gives us the fundamentals of a worldview
- Why kids are losing the importance of the fundamentals of a traditional family
- John teaches us how to ask good questions to establish common ground on the fundamentals
Proper Communication for Fundamental Parenting
When everyone is championing a postmodern culture, how can we teach this generation to become men and women of integrity? John unpacks the following:
- Learn to find the sacred in the secular
- What it means for a generation as being “dumbed down”
- Why the culture’s definitions are becoming exhausted and how the church is becoming a cultural light and hope
Conversation Starter: What are your thoughts on our discussion of the importance of fundamental parenting?
Picture provided by Marines.