All through history, the culture is being led astray by a common way of thinking.
Click to Listen
Is it possible parents in America have bought into the lies and faulty thinking on how to raise our children? Our guest, John Rosemond, will teach us how you can establish your authority in the home.
We have had multiple podcast interviews with John Rosemond. A good friend of the ministry and author of “Parent Babel,” gives us insight into today’s parenting culture.
Has the Entire Culture Been Mislead
John outlines how the nation started to be mislead:
- The psychological parenting revolution heavily influenced America in the 1960’s.
- Self proclaimed professionals began expressing their opinions.
- We abandoned biblical principals in parenting.
Is it Unfair to Compare Generations
Generations vary in what is made available. With today’s digital technology is it a bit unfair to compare today’s teens to the teens of the 1960’s. John helps us see:
- Media is a problem, but parent’s responsibilities remain the same.
- Many mothers are pursuing careers instead of being home.
- Teens are treated like peers and their responsibility is compromised.
- The American Culture plays a part.
The Cultural Role
Parents in the eyes of the kids are portrayed as idiotic. John gives us some answers to some valid questions:
- Is the American culture similar to Nazi Germany?
- If America’s culture is declining, how can we change it?
- What is Christianity’s role in today’s culture?
Conversation Starter: Can you think of any other myths our culture has about parenting?
Picture provided by MCRD Parris Island, SC .