It’s virtually impossible to talk about parenting our kids today without discussing technology.
Click to Listen
It is always there and always on. But digital technology goes deeper than our relationship with our kids. As parents, we should be aware of how digital technology has invaded and is hindering all our lives.
Rich and I interview Dr. Sylvia Hart Frejd. She is the Executive Director of the Center for Digital Wellness at Liberty University. She is also the author of The Digital Invasion: How Technology is Shaping You and Your Relationships.
How Technology is Negatively Impacting Our Lives
Digital technology can be used as a tool for good. But so often we use it as a tool for evil by allowing it to divide our homes. There seems to be an incredible naivety on the parent’s part. Many parents provide their kid with the latest technology without any limits or content filters, failing to realize their kids sin nature. This sin nature proves that our kids are capable of some pretty heinous acts using digital technology.
- What is The Center of Digital Wellness.
- From toddlers to grandmas, it seems everyone is affected by the digital age.
- The best way to bring the family together, collect their devices.
- Why parents offer their kids unencumbered access to digital technology.
- What age should I give my teen a smartphone.
- What does healthy use of technology look like?
- How your device is rewiring your brain.
- Why your teen’s social media may be hindering his career.
- Establish three digital-free spaces in your home.
Conversation Starter: The digital age is moving at the speed of light. How are you able to equip your family for the digital age?
Picture provided by: Esther Vargas