As if today’s parents didn’t have enough to be concerned about already, the legalization of marijuana in some states has made parenting our kids that much more complicated.
Click to Listen
This raises a question for some teens: What is the difference between alcohol and marijuana? Our guest, Dr. Karl Benzio, helps us sort out the answer.
Dr. Karl Benzio is the Founder and Executive Director of Lighthouse Network. He has a background in biomedical engineering and psychiatry. Currently, Dr. Benzio serves as a member of Focus on the Family’s Physicians’ Resource Council.
The Difference Between Alcohol and Marijuana
This is a weighty topic. We rely heavily on Dr. Benzio’s input on such a controversial topic. For Christian parents that are not convicted in drinking alcohol, a valid question is being raised by the culture and teens. What is the difference between alcohol and marijuana?
This question is the core focus of our discussion with Dr. Benzio. Together we discuss:
- Addiction resources and the help Lighthouse Network offers
- An overview of which states have legalized marijuana, both for medical and recreational purposes
- Understanding the truth behind using marijuana for medical purposes
- What happens when parents begin regularly using marijuana
- Understanding the long term effect of marijuana
- The truth on the effects that marijuana has on the brain
- The difference between alcohol and marijuana
Picture provided by: Nathaniel D. Ether
Conversation Starter: Do you have a better understanding of the differences between alcohol and marijuana after listening to the broadcast?