It’s no secret that our culture has drastically changed in the past 50 years.
Click to Listen
But, what have we done, as godly parents, to effectively keep pace with these changes? It is crucial to not be microcosms of today’s culture, but to become change-agents. In order to do so, parents need to know what this culture is doing to today’s teens. Today’s guest, Chip Ingram, will help us with this.
Our guest, Chip Ingram, is the senior pastor of Venture Christian Church near San Jose, CA, and the founder of Living on the Edge ministry. Taken from his book, Culture Shock, Chip gives us tools we can use to address today’s culture.
How to Navigate Today’s Culture
As inside out as the world is, there’s nobody that stays more encouraged than me. Through Shepherds Hill Academy (SHA), I get to see what Jesus Christ and a biblical worldview can actually do for a person. I’m not just talking about the kids we serve at SHA, but the parents and extended families of these kids as well!
Chip and I discuss:
- How Culture Shock can help parents better prepare their kids for today’s issues
- What can pastors do to better equip parents
- How can parents teach their kids about truth
- How should a parent respond to the tough questions
- How parents can develop intentional answers to the culture’s challenges
- Learn how to push the antithesis
Picture provided by: Ian Sane
Conversation Starter: What are some creative ways that you can intentionally help your teen understand the culture?