Anyone who has tried to employ a male under the age of 35 will see something is amiss. The term “Peter Pan male” and “Failure to Launch” explains a dilemma with many young men that do not seem to want to grow up.
Click to Listen
I’m excited about this week’s interview, as it is right up our alley. Our guest, Dr. Leonard Sax helps us address the problems facing the American male.
Dr. Leonard Sax, author of three bestselling books for parents: Why Gender Matters, Girls on the Edge, and the one we talk about on this program, Boys Adrift.
Leonard Sax, M.D., Ph.D. earned his bachelor’s degree in biology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, MA where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa in five semesters at the age of 19. He then went on to the University of Pennsylvania where he earned both his M.D and Ph.D. in psychology.
The Problem with Boys Adrift
America’s young men are abdicating their responsibilities to lead a nation. What does this mean? Dr. Leonard Sax provides incredible insight into this dilemma.
- Why public schools set boys up for failure
- What you can do
- Should schools be gender specific
- What the Internet is teaching your boy about manhood
- How are video games effecting your boy
- What is inbound and out-of-bound and how boys should be boys
- Why violent video games differ from boys playing with cap guns
- What can parents do prepare their boys to be men
- What is the role of social media
- Don’t give your teen a cell phone and why
Picture provided by Mark Robinson
Conversation Starter: What are some steps your family is taking to raise a responsible young man?