Last month we launched a unique post entitled Boundary Development Index which turned out to be a success. Essentially, it compiled all of our posts pertaining to boundary development.
This month I wanted to provide you with a Anhedonia Index post. Many parents may not be aware of anhedonia and its effects on their family. Today’s post will provide you quick access to all my anhedonia posts and resources.
These posts will provide you with the basic understanding of anhedonia:
- What is Anhedonia: This is a brief introduction to anhedonia.
- Understanding Anhedonia: How to Define it in Today’s Culture: In order to address anhedonia in your home, you must be able to identify it. This post will give you some pointers.
- Anhedonia: An American Epidemic [Video]: America’s digital consumerism can lead to an american anhedonia epidemic.
The Problems with Anhedonia
The posts below are a quick education on Anhedonia and its effects on you, your family, and the church:
- Anhedonia:A Result of Modern Technology: Anhedonia is one result of modern technology. Learn how modern technology may not always be a good thing.
- Understanding Anhedonia: The Problems it Brings to the Family & Church: Once you can identify anhedonia at work, you will begin to see the effects it has on you, your family, and the church.
Solutions for Anhedonia
The good news about anhedonia is; there are solutions that will bring your teen, and family, back on track.
- Practical Solutions that Could Heal Your Family: Once you see the effects anhedonia has on your family, use these practical solutions to address anhedonia in your home.
- 10 Tough Technology Tips: Technology and media in general are contributing factors to anhedonia. This post provides you with 10 steps to a safer home against negative technology habits.
- Thrilled to Death: If you want to read further on the topic of anhedonia I would highly recommend you start with this book by Dr. Archibald Hart. It provides thorough research on the affects of too much digital stimuli and how media effects the brain.
- Captivated the Movie is a documentary on the effects of media. This film brings quality insight into the problems with social media, video games, and other media vices. We were honored to have a portion of this documentary filmed on the Shepherds Hill Academy campus.
Conversation Starter: We hope you enjoy these Index Posts. Let us know your feedback. Should we continue publishing these types of posts?