Academic Statistics for Graduates of Shepherd’s Hill Academy
Shepherd’s Hill Academy offers an academic program that will help students succeed in school and prepare them for future success in their careers or pursuits in postsecondary education. The following statistics demonstrate the academic achievements of our high school graduates.
- Approximately 80% of students who earn their high school diploma through SHA are accepted to two-or four-year post-secondary programs at colleges around the country.
- For students who receive a high school diploma from Shepherd’s Hill Academy, 68% have gone on to attend two or four-year colleges.
- Of this, 58% have attended four-year colleges, while 10% have attended two-year colleges.
- 12% of our graduates have gone straight into the workforce.
- 5% of our graduates have entered the military.
- 5% of our graduates have become homemakers.
- Data is unavailable for the remaining 10%.
Taking the SAT is a very important step in making plans for postsecondary education. At Shepherd’s Hill Academy, we will make sure your child is equipped to take this test, and we will transport your teen to SAT testing locations.
Students who have received a high school diploma at Shepherd’s Hill Academy tend to earn scores around or above average on all areas of the SAT. The average composite score of these students is above the national average. The following list compares the SAT scores of Shepherd’s Hill Academy high school graduates with the national averages for SAT scores:
Reading Score—SHA Average: 520; National Average: 495*
Mathematics Score—SHA Average: 510; National Average: 511*
Writing Score—SHA Average: 522; National Average: 484*
Composite Score—SHA Average: 1552; National Average: 1490
*National Averages based on 2014-2015 school year
Students at Shepherd’s Hill Academy have a chance to take AP courses. These classes give students a chance to earn college credit while still in high school.
- About 92% of SHA high school graduates who have taken an AP exam achieved the passing score of 3 or above.
- About 46% of SHA high school graduates who attempted an AP test achieved a score of 4 or 5 that is required by some colleges for class credit.
Where Shepherd’s Hill Academy Graduates Attend College
Most of the graduates of Shepherd’s Hill Academy have gone on to pursue a postsecondary education. The following list is an example of some of the colleges and universities to which graduates have been accepted or at which they attend/have attended:
Large Public/Private Colleges and Universities:
- Atlanta Institute of Art; Atlanta, Georgia
- Georgia State University; Atlanta, Georgia
- Texas A&M; College Station, Texas
- Clemson University; Clemson, South Carolina
- Berry College; Mount Berry, Georgia
- University of Iowa; Iowa City, Iowa
- Georgia Tech; Atlanta, Georgia
- Texas Tech University; Lubbock, Texas
- University of Colorado; Boulder, Colorado
- Louisiana State University; Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- University of North Georgia; Dahlonega, Georgia
- The Citadel; Charleston, South Carolina
Christian Colleges and Universities:
- Baylor University; Waco, Texas
- Bethel College; Mishawaka, Indiana
- North Greenville University; Tigerville, South Carolina
- Oklahoma Baptist University; Shawnee, Oklahoma
- Cedarville University; Cedarville, Ohio
- Union University; Jackson, Tennessee
- Toccoa Falls College; Toccoa, Georgia
- Emmanuel College; Franklin Springs, Georgia
- North Georgia Technical College; Clarkesville, Georgia
- Chattahoochee Technical College; Cherokee, Georgia
- Central Georgia Technical College; Macon, Georgia
At Shepherd’s Hill Academy, our students receive a quality education. Our teachers and staff members work with students and help those who are behind catch up and feel more confident in school. We strive to give our students all the help they need to prepare them for whatever academic or career path they choose after high school.